"/>

人人草人人-欧美一区二区三区精品-中文字幕91-日韩精品影视-黄色高清网站-国产这里只有精品-玖玖在线资源-bl无遮挡高h动漫-欧美一区2区-亚洲日本成人-杨幂一区二区国产精品-久久伊人婷婷-日本不卡一-日本成人a-一卡二卡在线视频

Spotlight: President Trump's trade tariffs have Hollywood seeing red

Source: Xinhua    2018-04-02 03:37:58

By Julia Pierrepont III

LOS ANGELES, April 1 (Xinhua) -- Adding to Hollywood's #MeToo and #TimesUp woes, President Donald Trump threw gasoline on the fire when he announced trade tariffs against China last month that may have serious unintended consequences on Hollywood's bottom line.

Hollywood financing executive, Todd Shoemack, expressed his concerns.

"Trump puts zero thought or research into his decrees. Without consulting his own trade experts, he fires off these policy changes without considering the consequences, as if they're no more important than his infamous midnight tweets," he told Xinhua Friday.

But he was one of the only Hollywood insiders willing to speak on the record, since Hollywood is too nervous to talk to the press, which is really saying something. Few other studio executives wanted to stick their necks out for fear of reprisals.

When asked for a reaction to Trump's tariffs by Xinhua, both NBC Universal and MGM responded with a resounding, "No comment," while other studios ducked the question all together.

Not surprisingly, Fox had no concerns about Trump' s radical approach.

"What has happened there (at Fox) in the last two years is somewhat shocking frankly," said CNN head, Jeff Zucker, to the Financial Times. "It really is state-run TV. It is a pure propaganda machine and I think it does an incredible disservice to this country.

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross told CNBC, "We're an administration that believes in objectives. We never would have gotten where we are now without tariffs."

But, as markets tumbled, Bloomberg expressed their concerns over escalation, "President Donald Trump's push to rebalance global trade in America's favor has investors on edge, as his threats to impose import tariffs and curb foreign investment raise the specter of retaliation that could spark a global trade war."

"The backlash on Hollywood could be severe," Shoemack worried, "From both China and Trump. We're negotiating new quotas with China even as we speak - that's all up in the air now. And Trump is infamous for using his power to get even with his detractors and he hates Hollywood. Strangely, that might actually work in Hollywood's favor with the Chinese."

As financial markets react adversely to Trump's announcements and China's reaction, Hollywood has much to lose if a trade war scuttles the progress they've made in recent trade negotiations with China.

Many industry pundits estimate that China will overtake the U.S. as the largest film market by 2020.

Since last February, U.S. trade representatives have been in prolonged talks with their Chinese counterparts to hammer out a deal to expand the current quota of foreign films, primarily Hollywood blockbusters, that are allowed to screen in China. This new scuffle between the two trade giants may put those key talks in jeopardy.

Currently, 34 foreign films are allowed into Chinese theaters on a revenue-sharing basis of which foreign producers receive 25 percent of the total producer profits, after exhibition and distribution splits.

Another three dozen or so foreign pics are allowed in on a straight territorial licensing fee basis, which are typically released via video-on-demand or online streaming channels.

Prior to the latest saber-rattling by the White House, China had been signaling a willingness to ease up on the quotas, potentially increase foreigner's box office split, and do away with black-out periods during which only Chinese movies can be screened.

Since demand for movies is so high in China, particularly in 3rd and 4th tier cities where other forms of entertainment can be scarce, these moves had been seen as a potential win-win which would fill China' s the growing number of exhibition slots and enhance revenues for their theater chains as well.

Hopes had also been high that more Chinese companies might be allowed to distribute foreign films in China, opening up the industry to market forces, and that Hollywood studios might be granted a say in the release dates of their pictures.

But recent developments have left analysts and Hollywood execs increasingly pessimistic.

Derek Scissors, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute expressed his concern to Variety. "Film quotas are exactly the kind of target the Chinese would threaten in response to these tariffs," he revealed.

"The tariffs will not especially harm China, but they will want to deter further action. While attention focuses on soybeans and the like, China prefers smaller but high-profile targets," he warned.

One could hardly find a more high profile target than the motion picture industry, which receives the lion's share of attention from fans and social media all over the world.

Escalating trade tensions with China can only hurt Hollywood's bottom line, due to it's increasing dependence on a territory whose box office has grown from a modest 1.47 billion U.S. dollars in 2010 to a whopping 8.6 billion U.S. dollars in just seven years, an exponential growth of nearly 600 percent.

But the outlook is not all doom and gloom.

High profile Hollywood attorney, Lindsay Conner, Co-Chair of the Entertainment and Media practice of Manatt, Phelps & Philips and advisor to the Universal-Perfect World 50-pic state deal, also sounded a more optimistic note in a recent interview with Variety, when he postulated that China's measured response to Trump' s trade tariffs might bode well for Hollywood.

"There will inevitably be ups and downs in the broad relationship of the two nations," he advised, "But the mutual stake that Hollywood and China have in the entertainment industry will continue for a long time to come."

Editor: Yurou
Related News
Xinhuanet

Spotlight: President Trump's trade tariffs have Hollywood seeing red

Source: Xinhua 2018-04-02 03:37:58

By Julia Pierrepont III

LOS ANGELES, April 1 (Xinhua) -- Adding to Hollywood's #MeToo and #TimesUp woes, President Donald Trump threw gasoline on the fire when he announced trade tariffs against China last month that may have serious unintended consequences on Hollywood's bottom line.

Hollywood financing executive, Todd Shoemack, expressed his concerns.

"Trump puts zero thought or research into his decrees. Without consulting his own trade experts, he fires off these policy changes without considering the consequences, as if they're no more important than his infamous midnight tweets," he told Xinhua Friday.

But he was one of the only Hollywood insiders willing to speak on the record, since Hollywood is too nervous to talk to the press, which is really saying something. Few other studio executives wanted to stick their necks out for fear of reprisals.

When asked for a reaction to Trump's tariffs by Xinhua, both NBC Universal and MGM responded with a resounding, "No comment," while other studios ducked the question all together.

Not surprisingly, Fox had no concerns about Trump' s radical approach.

"What has happened there (at Fox) in the last two years is somewhat shocking frankly," said CNN head, Jeff Zucker, to the Financial Times. "It really is state-run TV. It is a pure propaganda machine and I think it does an incredible disservice to this country.

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross told CNBC, "We're an administration that believes in objectives. We never would have gotten where we are now without tariffs."

But, as markets tumbled, Bloomberg expressed their concerns over escalation, "President Donald Trump's push to rebalance global trade in America's favor has investors on edge, as his threats to impose import tariffs and curb foreign investment raise the specter of retaliation that could spark a global trade war."

"The backlash on Hollywood could be severe," Shoemack worried, "From both China and Trump. We're negotiating new quotas with China even as we speak - that's all up in the air now. And Trump is infamous for using his power to get even with his detractors and he hates Hollywood. Strangely, that might actually work in Hollywood's favor with the Chinese."

As financial markets react adversely to Trump's announcements and China's reaction, Hollywood has much to lose if a trade war scuttles the progress they've made in recent trade negotiations with China.

Many industry pundits estimate that China will overtake the U.S. as the largest film market by 2020.

Since last February, U.S. trade representatives have been in prolonged talks with their Chinese counterparts to hammer out a deal to expand the current quota of foreign films, primarily Hollywood blockbusters, that are allowed to screen in China. This new scuffle between the two trade giants may put those key talks in jeopardy.

Currently, 34 foreign films are allowed into Chinese theaters on a revenue-sharing basis of which foreign producers receive 25 percent of the total producer profits, after exhibition and distribution splits.

Another three dozen or so foreign pics are allowed in on a straight territorial licensing fee basis, which are typically released via video-on-demand or online streaming channels.

Prior to the latest saber-rattling by the White House, China had been signaling a willingness to ease up on the quotas, potentially increase foreigner's box office split, and do away with black-out periods during which only Chinese movies can be screened.

Since demand for movies is so high in China, particularly in 3rd and 4th tier cities where other forms of entertainment can be scarce, these moves had been seen as a potential win-win which would fill China' s the growing number of exhibition slots and enhance revenues for their theater chains as well.

Hopes had also been high that more Chinese companies might be allowed to distribute foreign films in China, opening up the industry to market forces, and that Hollywood studios might be granted a say in the release dates of their pictures.

But recent developments have left analysts and Hollywood execs increasingly pessimistic.

Derek Scissors, resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute expressed his concern to Variety. "Film quotas are exactly the kind of target the Chinese would threaten in response to these tariffs," he revealed.

"The tariffs will not especially harm China, but they will want to deter further action. While attention focuses on soybeans and the like, China prefers smaller but high-profile targets," he warned.

One could hardly find a more high profile target than the motion picture industry, which receives the lion's share of attention from fans and social media all over the world.

Escalating trade tensions with China can only hurt Hollywood's bottom line, due to it's increasing dependence on a territory whose box office has grown from a modest 1.47 billion U.S. dollars in 2010 to a whopping 8.6 billion U.S. dollars in just seven years, an exponential growth of nearly 600 percent.

But the outlook is not all doom and gloom.

High profile Hollywood attorney, Lindsay Conner, Co-Chair of the Entertainment and Media practice of Manatt, Phelps & Philips and advisor to the Universal-Perfect World 50-pic state deal, also sounded a more optimistic note in a recent interview with Variety, when he postulated that China's measured response to Trump' s trade tariffs might bode well for Hollywood.

"There will inevitably be ups and downs in the broad relationship of the two nations," he advised, "But the mutual stake that Hollywood and China have in the entertainment industry will continue for a long time to come."

[Editor: huaxia]
010020070750000000000000011100001370813981
主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲午夜一区二区三区 | 狠狠操伊人 | 色多多在线视频 | 婷婷丁香社区 | 扒丝袜| 少妇精品久久久一区二区三区 | 高跟91白丝| 久久大片 | 色激情网 | 猛男大粗猛爽h男人味 | jizzjizz亚洲| 欧美色图亚洲色 | 无码人妻aⅴ一区二区三区 成人亚洲视频 | 在线久 | 国产一区欧美 | 日本一区二区免费在线观看 | 亚洲狼人av| 欧美全黄 | 日韩美女网站 | www日本免费 | 久久免费视频网 | 久色视频在线观看 | 蜜桃传媒一区二区亚洲av | 樱花影院最新免费观看攻略 | 日本伦理一区 | 一区二区三区高清在线观看 | 蜜桃网av| www成人| 精品视频亚洲 | 免费二区 | 四虎黄色片 | 成人在线免费网址 | 明日花绮罗高潮无打码 | 黄瓜视频色 | 欧美性啪啪 | 日本在线观看视频网站 | 亚洲国产精品激情在线观看 | 亚洲欧美久久久 | 国产亚洲精品一区二区三区 | 2024国产精品 | 三级色网站 | 91重口味| 日本高清精品 | 日韩精品视频免费在线观看 | 玖玖在线播放 | 免费黄色在线看 | 国产在视频线精品视频 | 色撸撸在线 | 尹人综合| 人人妻人人澡人人爽人人欧美一区 | 国产精品电影在线观看 | 97在线看| 国产伦精品一区二区. | 日本亲与子乱xxx | av一级二级| 开心激情网五月天 | 97超碰人人在线 | 亚洲AV无码精品一区二区三区 | 欧美巨乳在线观看 | 欧美xxxxbbbb| 麻豆国产在线视频 | 免费黄色网址大全 | 欧美人与性动交ccoo | www.国产com| 男女黄色又爽大片 | 91视频插插插 | 欧美丰满美乳xxx高潮www | 欧美日韩一区三区 | 欧美韩一区二区 | 国产图片一区 | 亚洲精品18p | 色av中文字幕| 国产伦精品一区二区三区高清版禁 | 亚洲av无一区二区三区 | 中文字幕视频一区二区 | 午夜av在线 | 欧美一页 | 亚洲精品二区 | 亚洲黄色一区 | 天天干天天摸 | 国产又粗又猛又爽又黄视频 | 久久网av | 国产精品视频在线观看免费 | 亚洲黄色成人 | 国产真人做爰视频免费 | 永久免费成人代码 | 中文字幕线人 | 国产无遮挡又黄又爽又色 | 在线观看免费视频 | 亚洲性视频网站 | 日本少妇久久 | 大桥未久在线视频 | av中文字| 神马久久香蕉 | 深夜福利国产 | 美女又大又黄 | 国内成人av | avtt中文字幕 | 国产丝袜久久 |