"/>

人人草人人-欧美一区二区三区精品-中文字幕91-日韩精品影视-黄色高清网站-国产这里只有精品-玖玖在线资源-bl无遮挡高h动漫-欧美一区2区-亚洲日本成人-杨幂一区二区国产精品-久久伊人婷婷-日本不卡一-日本成人a-一卡二卡在线视频

New measures announced to tackle stabbings, killings in London

Source: Xinhua    2018-04-09 03:30:43

LONDON, April 8 (Xinhua) -- A ban on the sale of the most dangerous corrosive products to under-18s and tough restrictions on online sales of knives were announced Sunday by the Home Office, Britain's interior ministry.

The move comes as politicians and senior police officials grapple with a wave of stabbings and killings in London, which so far this year have left more than 50 people dead.

In the latest incident, police in London arrested a woman on suspicion of attempted murder Saturday night after a man was stabbed outside Highbury and Islington station in north London.

The government is to make it a criminal offence to possess corrosive substances in a public place, and publicly consult on extending controversial stop-and-search powers to enable the police to search for and seize acid from people carrying it in public without good reason.

A new Offensive Weapons Bill, to be brought forward within weeks, would also make it illegal to possess certain offensive weapons like zombie knives and knuckle-dusters in private.

The commitment of new legislation will form part of a government Serious Violence Strategy to be launched Monday.

"It will mark a major shift in the government's response to knife crime and gun crime, and strike a balance between prevention and robust law enforcement," said a Home Office spokesperson.

Other measures which the Home Office intends to bring forward within weeks include stopping knives being sent to residential addresses after they are bought online and banning the possession of a knife within colleges and further education premises.

Also banned will be rapid firing rifles, and certain powerful firearms and bump stocks.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd said: "To tackle violent crime effectively, robust legislation and powerful law enforcement must be in place. That's why we will introduce a new Offensive Weapons Bill that includes a new offence of possessing acid in public without good reason, prevents sales of acids to under 18s and stops knives being sent to people's homes when bought online.

"We will consult on extending stop and search powers to include acid. Stop and search is a vital policing tool and officers will always have the government's full support to use these powers properly."

Writing in the Sunday Telegraph, Rudd rejected claims by opposition Labour politicians that more crime was fuelled by reduced resources to the police.

Labour's Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott said: "While it is welcome to see the Tories acknowledging the epidemic of violence that has risen on their watch, by cutting 21,000 officers since 2010 they have completely undermined the ability of the police to enforce any new powers."

"Talking tough is not enough. This announcement ignores the factors which we know contribute to crime, including a lack of decent work opportunities for young people, cuts to health services and decline in community policing. They need to give the police the resources they need to keep people safe and pursue a collaborative approach to tackling violent crime on our streets."

Editor: Yamei
Related News
Xinhuanet

New measures announced to tackle stabbings, killings in London

Source: Xinhua 2018-04-09 03:30:43

LONDON, April 8 (Xinhua) -- A ban on the sale of the most dangerous corrosive products to under-18s and tough restrictions on online sales of knives were announced Sunday by the Home Office, Britain's interior ministry.

The move comes as politicians and senior police officials grapple with a wave of stabbings and killings in London, which so far this year have left more than 50 people dead.

In the latest incident, police in London arrested a woman on suspicion of attempted murder Saturday night after a man was stabbed outside Highbury and Islington station in north London.

The government is to make it a criminal offence to possess corrosive substances in a public place, and publicly consult on extending controversial stop-and-search powers to enable the police to search for and seize acid from people carrying it in public without good reason.

A new Offensive Weapons Bill, to be brought forward within weeks, would also make it illegal to possess certain offensive weapons like zombie knives and knuckle-dusters in private.

The commitment of new legislation will form part of a government Serious Violence Strategy to be launched Monday.

"It will mark a major shift in the government's response to knife crime and gun crime, and strike a balance between prevention and robust law enforcement," said a Home Office spokesperson.

Other measures which the Home Office intends to bring forward within weeks include stopping knives being sent to residential addresses after they are bought online and banning the possession of a knife within colleges and further education premises.

Also banned will be rapid firing rifles, and certain powerful firearms and bump stocks.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd said: "To tackle violent crime effectively, robust legislation and powerful law enforcement must be in place. That's why we will introduce a new Offensive Weapons Bill that includes a new offence of possessing acid in public without good reason, prevents sales of acids to under 18s and stops knives being sent to people's homes when bought online.

"We will consult on extending stop and search powers to include acid. Stop and search is a vital policing tool and officers will always have the government's full support to use these powers properly."

Writing in the Sunday Telegraph, Rudd rejected claims by opposition Labour politicians that more crime was fuelled by reduced resources to the police.

Labour's Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott said: "While it is welcome to see the Tories acknowledging the epidemic of violence that has risen on their watch, by cutting 21,000 officers since 2010 they have completely undermined the ability of the police to enforce any new powers."

"Talking tough is not enough. This announcement ignores the factors which we know contribute to crime, including a lack of decent work opportunities for young people, cuts to health services and decline in community policing. They need to give the police the resources they need to keep people safe and pursue a collaborative approach to tackling violent crime on our streets."

[Editor: huaxia]
010020070750000000000000011103261370962541
主站蜘蛛池模板: www成人在线观看 | 日韩欧美一区二区三区在线观看 | 一区二区三区久久久 | 久久久久久蜜桃 | 三日本三级少妇三级99 | 香蕉视频网站在线观看 | 性久久久久久久久久久 | 日本欧美日韩 | 亚洲天堂少妇 | 亚洲一卡二卡三卡 | 精品欧美色视频网站在线观看 | julia一区二区三区中文字幕 | 九九热在线视频免费观看 | 欧美一区二区激情 | 欧美性大交 | 亚洲熟妇无码一区二区三区 | 天天射美女 | 国产综合区| 精品人妻一区二区三区三区四区 | 台湾chinesehdxxxx少妇 | 国产精品视频免费看 | 国产精品免费久久 | 欧美人性生活视频 | 奇米影视亚洲 | 日本免费三片在线播放 | 天天宗合| 91色视频| 蜜桃在线一区 | 91精品国产入口在线 | 无码人妻丰满熟妇啪啪网站 | 一级大黄色片 | 日韩av中文字幕在线 | 污视频软件在线观看 | 亚洲精品久久久久久久蜜桃臀 | 青青操av在线 | 色999五月色 | 夜夜爽妓女8888视频免费观看 | 欧美一区国产一区 | 波多野结衣久久 | 邪恶久久 | 日人视频 | 久久avav| 精品一区av| 亚洲成人av影片 | 色婷婷av一区二区三区之红樱桃 | 在线免费观看黄色av | 超碰97在线播放 | 色先锋av资源 | 中文字幕在线播放一区二区 | 手机看片欧美日韩 | 日本一区二区视频在线播放 | 懂色av蜜臀av粉嫩av分享吧 | 精品999久久久 | 午夜视频 | 日韩精品成人 | 亚洲AV无码成人片在线观看 | 日本黄色xxx | 亚洲国产精品久久久久 | 李华月全部毛片 | 麻豆视频官网 | 国产黄在线观看 | 特大黑人巨交吊性xx | 成人av入口| 美女啪啪无遮挡 | 总裁憋尿呻吟双腿大开憋尿 | 午夜寂寞院| www.精品 | 久久精品免费在线 | 亚洲天堂欧美 | av电影中文字幕 | 亚洲最大av在线 | 免费观看a视频 | 狠狠躁| 亚洲а∨天堂久久精品2021 | 中文字幕欧美激情 | 一区二区三区四区av | 国产免费黄 | 狠狠狠狠狠狠干 | 亚洲美女啪啪 | 91 免费看片| jizz18欧美18| 国产农村熟妇videos | 日本大尺度电影免费观看全集中文版 | 成人网免费视频 | 999毛片| 一本之道久久 | 国产亚洲精品自拍 | 丁香六月婷婷 | 一区中文字幕 | 亚洲高潮无码久久 | 欧美一级特黄视频 | 欧美精彩视频 | 亚洲欧美在线综合 | 欧洲美女与动交zozzo | av不卡在线免费观看 | 国产在线一区二区视频 | 日韩大片免费在线观看 | 国产亚洲精品成人a | 色呦呦在线观看视频 |