人人草人人-欧美一区二区三区精品-中文字幕91-日韩精品影视-黄色高清网站-国产这里只有精品-玖玖在线资源-bl无遮挡高h动漫-欧美一区2区-亚洲日本成人-杨幂一区二区国产精品-久久伊人婷婷-日本不卡一-日本成人a-一卡二卡在线视频

Crucial week for Brexit as London, Brussels get down to hard bargaining

Source: Xinhua| 2019-10-08 15:53:30|Editor: xuxin
Video PlayerClose

LONDON, Oct. 7 (Xinhua) -- Opinions are further divided between British and European negotiators as Brexit talks resumed Monday.

Leaked documents from Brussels revealed what the London-based Guardian newspaper described as a devastating point-by-point rejection of the deal put forward last week by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

Speaking during a visit Monday to Watford Hospital, north of London, Johnson defended his deal.

"Our proposal is very fair, very reasonable. What we are saying to our friends (the EU) is, this is a very generous, fair and reasonable offer that we have made. What we would like to hear from you now is what your thoughts are. And if you have issues with any of the proposals that we've come up with, then let's get into the detail and discuss them," he told reporters at the hospital.

Johnson said his proposals respected the peace process in Northern Ireland and makes sure there will be no hard border and no checks at the border between Northern Ireland and Ireland.

"That's a big step forward, big advance, big compromise by the UK government," he said.

The documents list nine potential issues with Johnson's proposals, mainly related to the future trading relations between Northern Ireland and the neighboring Irish Republic.

The European commission said Monday it plans to take stock later this week and make an assessment of London's Brexit plan.

At its regular daily briefing, European Commission spokeswoman Mina Andreeva said talks would continue this week to give London the opportunity to present its Brexit proposals in more detail.

One political commentator said it now seems a case of who gives in first, London or Brussels, in the quest to end the Brexit deadlock.

Both sides see talks this week as crucial as they try to hammer out a new Brexit agreement ahead of a summit of European leaders on Oct. 17-18.

According to the Daily Telegraph Monday night, British negotiators provided their EU counterparts with further explanation as to how the British proposal to replace the Irish border backstop will work.

Talks will continue Tuesday in Brussels, British sources confirmed after hours of intensive talks Monday.

While both London and Brussels batted their respective corners, in Scotland campaigners failed in their legal bid to win an order saying Johnson must seek an extension of Britain's departure date from Europe if there is no agreement on a deal by Oct. 19.

Lord Pentland, in his judgement at Scotland's highest civil court, the Court of Session, said that as the British government had told the court it would comply with the government order to seek an extension if needed, there was no need for a court ruling to force them to do it.

Joanna Cherry, Scottish Parliament member from the Scottish National Party, one of the three people who brought the case, said they had succeeded through the case in forcing the Conservative government to concede that Johnson will comply with the law, and promise to send a letter requesting a Brexit extension.

"Given Boris Johnson's slippery track record of acting unlawfully, and the contradictory statements issued by the British government, we do not trust the Conservative leader or believe he can be taken at his word to obey the letter and spirit of the law," Cherry added.

She said they will appeal the decision, and expect the appeal to be heard Tuesday.

Three judges will hear the appeal and a case in which they will be asked to use rarely applied powers to sign a letter to Brussels if the prime minister fails to send the letter himself.

The powers available to the court in what is known as a "nobile officium" case, are not available in England which has a different legal system to Scotland.

It means if Johnson sticks to his public statement that he "would rather die in a ditch than seek a Brexit extension," the court, if it supports the application, would send the letter on his behalf.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001384559781
主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人无码一区二区三区在线 | 懂色av成人一区二区三区 | 日本免费一级片 | 蜜臀99久久精品久久久久久软件 | 欧美日韩高清在线观看 | 日韩mv欧美mv国产网站 | 四虎最新域名 | 日本人妻一区 | 在线污视频 | 奇米影视一区二区三区 | 欧美福利网站 | 日本www高清 | 99热3| 偷拍亚洲综合 | 国产视频久久久久久久 | 免费激情av | 91看片免费 | 欧美大片一区 | xxx色 | 探花一区 | 国产综合无码一区二区色蜜蜜 | 欧美另类视频 | 成人毛片在线视频 | 激情 小说 亚洲 图片 伦 | 色呦呦免费观看 | 激情精品 | 男女啪啪网站免费 | 久久视频国产 | 日本三级一区二区三区 | www日本色| 日本吃奶摸下激烈网站动漫 | 国产一区二区精彩视频 | 亚洲国产999 | 国内外成人免费视频 | 国产香蕉精品视频 | 男人的天堂亚洲 | 午夜视频在线看 | 99精品国产99久久久久久97 | 成人黄色电影网址 | 妺妺窝人体色WWW精品 | 成人欧美一区二区三区在线播放 | 久久久久久一级片 | 国产精品99久久久久久动医院 | 欧美激情精品久久 | 日本视频www | 中文字幕乱码一区二区三区 | 五月婷在线视频 | 国产成人精品一区二区三区在线观看 | 国产成人av免费看 | 毛片你懂的 | 日韩在线视频免费播放 | 黄色网页在线观看 | 国产又粗又猛又黄又爽无遮挡 | 污污在线免费观看 | 91精产国品 | 臭脚猛1s民工调教奴粗口视频 | 国偷自产视频一区二区久 | 山外人精品影院 | 日本国产一区二区三区 | 天天舔天天操天天干 | 天天干天天碰 | 能看的黄色网址 | 久久免费国产精品 | 爱爱综合 | 欧美日韩人妻精品一区在线 | 一卡二卡三卡四卡 | 久久福利网站 | 国产美女91| 在线黄色av网站 | 风流少妇一区二区三区91 | 俄罗斯色片 | 天天操网站 | 青青草原国产视频 | 在线观看欧美 | 久久久精品在线观看 | 久久精品老司机 | 天天色棕合合合合合合合 | 色在线综合| 久久9999久久免费精品国产 | 在线观看亚洲专区 | 影音先锋成人资源站 | 久久久视频6r | 久久人人爽人人爽人人片av免费 | 黄色片免费在线播放 | 亚洲福利片 | 91精品国产色综合久久不卡98 | 在线亚洲免费 | 国产露脸无套对白在线播放 | 九九九九九热 | 亚洲黄色片在线观看 | 亚洲一区二区 | 国产又爽又黄无码无遮挡在线观看 | 国产精品视频无码 | 久久精品女人毛片国产 | 免费在线不卡视频 | 婷婷看片 | 国产精品高潮呻吟AV无码 | 亚洲精品影院 | 91黄色免费看 |